You’ve got tasty recipes, a handsome taproom, and loyal customers. Now, here’s your chance to make your guests feel more welcome by creating a safe and inclusive space with Safe Bars!
Thanks to a generous donation from Sam Adams, Safe Bars online training is available for $250 (a savings of up to $1000) to eligible craft breweries.
If your brewery:
- has up to 25 employees
- is an independent craft brewer
- is an active brewery/taproom, and
- is located in Boston, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia or Washington, DC
THEN YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. The deadline is May 31, 2023 and it’s first-come, first-served.
Safe Bars is honored to partner with Sam Adams and GLAAD to promote safety and inclusion wherever we celebrate!
Sam Adams’ generous donation will make Safe Bars’ active bystander training available for 25 lucky breweries and taprooms that are committed to honoring and protecting their LGBTQIA+ staff and guests.
Creating a safe space is a continuous action that occurs all year round – not just during Pride season. With Safe Bars, your guests, staff, and communities will not only feel at home, but also treasured and welcome!
What’s in it for you?
- Customer and staff satisfaction: Customers are more likely to return, and staff turnover is lower, when your establishment prioritizes safety and respect.
- Staff preparedness: Your staff will have a greater range of strategies to use in addressing homophobia, transphobia, and other problematic behaviors directed at them or at guests.
- Promotion: Safe Bars will provide you with a window decal to enhance your brewery’s image as a welcoming place. We’ll also promote certified* establishments on our website, social media, and collateral materials and you’ll be able to do the same!
- A better bottom line: Customers who have positive experiences are more likely to return and to tell their friends.
- Becoming a Safe Bar is the right thing to do!
*An establishment is Safe Bars-certified when at least 80% of the staff has been trained. Certification is renewed yearly. Decals and promotion for certified bars only.
Are you in? Apply Now!
- Complete the application. The deadline is May 31, 2023. Selected breweries will be notified by June 15 and we’ll get you on the training calendar in late summer/early fall.
Not eligible, but still would like Safe Bars training?
Send us your details to find out how.