You’ve got tasty recipes, a handsome taproom, and loyal customers. Now, here’s your chance to make your guests feel more welcome by creating a safe and inclusive space with Safe Bars!
Your brewery, bar, or taproom is well-positioned to change the culture for the better.
We’re navigating this pandemic, yet we’re hopeful for a safer and more inclusive normal. If the pandemic’s taught us anything, it’s that pride, resilience, and respect for everyone’s humanity is also highly contagious. But we still have work to do!
Sam Adams’ generous donation will make active bystander training available for 25 lucky breweries and taprooms that are committed to honoring and protecting their LGBTQIA+ staff and guests.
Creating a safe space is a continuous action that occurs all year round – not just during Pride season. With Safe Bars, your guests, staff, and communities will not only feel at home, but also treasured and welcome!
What’s in it for you?
- Customer and staff satisfaction: Customers are more likely to return, and staff turnover is lower, when your establishment prioritizes safety and respect.
- Staff preparedness: Your staff will have a greater range of strategies to use in addressing homophobia, transphobia, and other problematic behaviors directed at them or at guests.
- Promotion: Safe Bars will provide you with a window decal to enhance your brewery’s image as a welcoming place. We’ll also promote certified* establishments on our website, social media, and collateral materials and you’ll be able to do the same!
- A better bottom line: Customers who have positive experiences are more likely to return and to tell their friends.
- Becoming a Safe Bar is the right thing to do!
*An establishment is Safe Bars-certified when at least 80% of the staff has been trained. Certification is renewed yearly. Decals and promotion for certified bars only.
Here’s how to enter
- Read the Safe Bars P.A.C.T., and sign it to commit to carrying out its principles and practices at your brewery.
- Complete the application to enter your brewery in the lottery for a low-cost training. (If selected, the cost of your training will be $250, a savings of up to $1550. Thanks to Sam Adams for supporting these trainings!)
- The deadline to apply is July 31, 2022. Winners will be notified by August 31, and training will take place by December 31.
- Who is eligible?
- If your brewery isn’t selected, Safe Bars will be in touch to discuss how we can help you be inclusive and welcoming to your LGBTQIA + guests and staff.